Following our call via e-mail May 2019, a consortium of 8 partner organisations has been formed, led by University of Trento, to respond to the Call for proposals on Exchanges and Mobility in Sport (EAC/S23/2019). The deadline for submission is set to 11 July 2019 and we are very excited to report that our application to receive funding has been succesfully submitted.
If and when funding is available, the “Campus Coaches” Project (CACAO) will aim to empower coaches working in University sport around Europe through knowledge exchange and mobility to raise overall engagement of students in team sports and to promote physical activity in the third level education context.
The main objectives of the project are described in the project outline as follows:
- To share cultural experiences through sports
- To gain better understanding of the functioning of team sports management and physical activity programmes in different countries;
- To establish lasting connections that function as an informal network;
- To break through internal boundaries and stimulate cross-sector approach to coaching and physical activity promotion in the higher education context;
- To contribute to internationalisation on University campuses by providing opportunities to staff members that fall outside existing mobility programmes;
- To provide tools to multiply the effect of the exchange locally.
During the project lifespan 10 Site Visits and 4 Group Knowledge Transfer Events will take place. These exchange activities serve to engage coaches in EU universities, who offer sport activities to their students and staff members, to exchange knowledge and improve their services.
This knowledge exchange process will be supported by a digital Exchange and Mobility platform specific to University and College sport but scalable to meet the needs of the entire European Sport sector.
The ENAS members who have confirmed their engagement in the exchanges are:
- Università Degli Studi di Trento (lead applicant)
- Vilnius University
- Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen
- Universidade de Vigo
- Universität Konstanz
The involvement of ENAS will ensure the project outcomes benefit the entire ENAS membership.
Two additional Universities from Montenegro, not currently members of ENAS, will join the exchanges as well, thus fulfilling the requirement of the call for proposals to work together with partner regions.
- University of Donja Gorica
- University Mediterranean Podgorica
We look forward to reporting on the success or (hopefully not) failure of our application in due course. Results are expected between September and December 2019.